Pillar Publishing, LLC (“Pillar,” "us," or “we”), does not share with, sell or provide access to any subscriber information (including name, company name, or email address) to any 3rd party (company, individual, partner, or affiliate).
Pillar performs all subscription and technical support services itself and does not outsource any of its services.
Information we collect
- Information you give us. Your name and email address are stored with your account information. If you want to take advantage of any sharing features we might offer, we will offer you the option of creating a publicly visible Pillar profile, which may include your name and photo.
- Information we get from your use of our service. We collect information about how you use our service, like when you interact with our content. This information includes:
- Device Information
Google Analytics™ service collects device-specific information, including hardware model, operating system version, and unique device identifiers. Pillar has access to that information, and uses it only for verifying the Internet Protocol address tied to a subscriber's account information, as described below.
- Log Information
When you use our services or view content provided by Pillar, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes: details of how you use our service, such as content browsing; Internet Protocol address; device event information such as browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Pillar account information.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (your name and email address) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Pillar service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. Cookies or other similar technologies used by Pillar do not track your Internet usage beyond your use of Pillar's website and are only used to authenticate your Pillar account information.
- Device Information
How we use information we collect
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience (cookies to identify your unique Pillar account information) and the overall quality of our service.
When you contact Pillar, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be having. We may use your email address to inform you about our service, such as letting you know about technical or content changes.
Transparency and choice
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our service, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that our service may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information we share
We do not share personal information, including your email address, with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Pillar Publishing unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your prior consent (you do not consent to this by the terms of our user agreement)
- Legal obligation (if required by law or court order)
We work hard to protect Pillar Publishing and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt the delivery of our service using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.